How I managed to get rid of spam registration

Groups Forums Featured Forums Forum Admins How I managed to get rid of spam registration

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jupiter Jupiter 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jitto P.Jose
    Jitto P.Jose

Spam registrations and posting were a real headache for me from the beginning… I tried several techniques like enabling captcha control and activation via mail… Nothing worked. These spammers are already prepared to break all these..

The links in the post by spammers were public and some of them were leading users to website which steal user’s info. I was really shocked when I got mail stating the above lines from google adsence. Then I understood the spam problem is not that silly as I thought.

The only way before me was to disable user registration for users and allow users to loging to the application via facebook only. First I thought of enabling facebook, twitter and google authentications. But I guess its rather confusing to users. So settled down for facebook login alone.

Its was really effective. I did not see a single spam registration in this website after restricting users to use only facebook login.

I know many of you are already experienced the spam problem. How did you overcome it. Please share your experience below..

Profile photo of Jason
    Jason
    Participant

Yup i run a forum and i have got 2 spammers and they have been banned permanently. Few things i follow is, restrict no of registrations from an ip to 1 and add google re-captcha. And regional related questions which most spammers can’t answer :D

Profile photo of Altab
    Altab
    Participant

Try using Recapcha

Profile photo of Jitto P.Jose
    Jitto P.Jose

I tried recapcha.. but that also did not give good results.. I dont understand why this happened..

Profile photo of Jason
    Jason
    Participant

Nowadays bots are becoming intelligent. So we need tough registration process to get rid of spammers

Profile photo of Jupiter
    Jupiter
    Participant

This is some great advise. I’ll have to put it to use :)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.