Photoshot or GIMP – Which one you choose

Groups Forums Featured Forums Internet & Technology Photoshot or GIMP – Which one you choose

This topic contains 7 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Marcus Marcus 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jitto P.Jose
    Jitto P.Jose

Hi Friends,
    Photoshot and GIMP are the main two graphic application available for power users or professionals. Those softwares are pretty rich in features. At the same time they are fairly complex to use. It in fact require a training to use.

Those who are interested to experiment with an image, I suggest to use GIMP as a starting point. But I will not reccoment GIMP for a normal users whose only need is make some minor changes in an image..

For normal users, I suggest to use Paint.NET (Windows) or Pinta (Ubuntu/Linux). Both are fairly simple compare to Photoshop/GIMP.

Which is your favorite graphic software?

Profile photo of Jacob James
    Jacob James
    Participant

I am a windows user. So I use Photshop for professional grade graphic work and Paint.NET for small adjustments. I did not try GIMP yet

Profile photo of John
    John
    Participant

Photoshop is my choice. Cannot think about anything else

Profile photo of Sharma
    Sharma
    Participant

Photoshop is the best but I also like http://pixlr.com for quick editing

Profile photo of Jason
    Jason
    Participant

I have used and am i using Photoshop till now. So my choice would be Photoshop.

Profile photo of MartinW
    MartinW
    Participant

I personally prefer using GIMP because it is free and still extremely powerful with the correct plugins. Photoshop is way too expensive for me to justify the cost when I am not professionally making graphics.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

GIMP is excellent software – & FREE.

Photoshop es excellent – & PAY.

I doubt most of us do enough to justify paying so I say GIMP

Profile photo of Marcus
    Marcus
    Participant

Photoshop. :)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.