What are the challenges you faced while setting up forum?

Groups Forums Featured Forums Forum Admins What are the challenges you faced while setting up forum?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nikki Nikki 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jitto P.Jose
    Jitto P.Jose

I hope many of you are already running a forum. And you know the challenges you faced..
    Setting up a good successful forum is not an easy job. It required a lot of energy and patience..

The main challenges I faced were type of software to use, what areas I should concentrate, how to get new users and how to get more posts etc..

What are the challenges you faced. and how you managed to overcome those challenges?.. Please share your expriences below..

Profile photo of Jason
    Jason
    Participant

First thing i faced is what niche should i use or whom should i concentrate with.. Then the hosting and forum type. Then the categories and sections.

Profile photo of Jupiter
    Jupiter
    Participant

My main problems has been traffic pretty much. So I normally go to forums that promote forums and help you with members. I’ve submitted my forum to every free engine search site that I can.

I selected my forum as an anime forum, because there are a lot of people out there who like that. Im not obsessed with it,but I also didn’t want to be stuck on a forum with a set genre, that didn’t interest people.

I also tried Hitleap and that doesn’t work. You get free traffic, but its just junk ( as in fake) traffic and no one ever joins your forum. You’ll get up to 40 or more hits, but its all bots so keep that in mind. The only thing its good for is youtube videos.

Setting up my forum took a while. I do have a lot of categories, but its required because of my forum type. I figure over time, some members can fill in the gaps.

Profile photo of Jitto P.Jose
    Jitto P.Jose

Bringing trafic to your forum is a big headache for all new forum owners.. Its very difficult to convince our friends to join.. Many of them might have different tastes…

Still there is a scope if the forum handle a specific niche. Normal General discussion forum will not work anymore..

Profile photo of Justin
    Justin
    Participant

My challenge is also bringing traffic. I am still struggling with that. However, I’m now at the point where I have some traffic, but I don’t think I have enough to hook people into joining or keep them coming on a daily basis. It’s hard.

Profile photo of Jupiter
    Jupiter
    Participant

A lot of my online friends joined my forum and are supporting me, and they have my thanks for that. They’re active on and off. I am still learning as a forum owner though. It isn’t always easy.

Profile photo of Nikki
    Nikki
    Participant

I think when I first set up my forum the only challenges I faced were what forum software to use, what forums I should start off with that I knew would be popular and also getting a theme I knew would be good and would not turn people away up on seeing it.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.