Which is the best free forum software

Groups Forums Featured Forums Forum Admins Which is the best free forum software

This topic contains 10 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Claraviolet Claraviolet 2 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jitto P.Jose
    Jitto P.Jose

Many users of Hallow Demon are Forum administrators also.
    You might have already heard about free forum softwares like phpBB, SMF (simple machines forum), Vanilla forums, Phorum, Simple press etc.. there are a lot to list.

In fact Hallow Demon uses bbPress as our forum software. It is available as a wordpress pluggin and developers are the same people who develop wordpress.

The main reasons for selecting bbPress as our forum software are it’s simplicity, and proper integration with buddypress (in which Hallow Demon is build upon) even though its not that feature rich.

If you are a forum administrator, what is your favourite forum software?.. and what are the reasons for selecting it?

• This topic was modified 2 years, 10 months ago by Profile photo of Jitto P.Jose Jitto P.Jose.
    • This topic was modified 2 years, 9 months ago by Profile photo of Admin Admin.
    Profile photo of Jacob James
    Jacob James
    Participant

I really fed up with the similar old layout of all forums. comparing to other forum, Hallow Demon forum look very fresh..
    It may not have rich in functionality .. but ultimately what we need is post and reply… it does the job.. I personally like this layout

Profile photo of Mac
    Mac
    Participant

I enjoy this layout a lot but I like MyBB as a Free forum software.

Profile photo of Jason
    Jason
    Participant

My favorite would be MyBB anytime and all the time. It is a great forum software and i am using it for my forum.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I have tried most of the popular ones and would take MyBB every time – Ease of use, styles & themes a plenty, masses of plug ins. Second choice would be Simple Machines.

Profile photo of Jason
    Jason
    Participant

Different persons have different views and the most comfortable forum software will always be the best for everyone.

Profile photo of Justin
    Justin
    Participant

I think when it comes to free phpBB is the best. When it comes to paid Invision Power Board is awesome! vBulletin is overrated.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I like vbulletin’s complexity, I love PHPBB’s simplicity. Depends what style forum you’re going for.

Profile photo of Claraviolet
    Claraviolet
    Participant

mybb.It is efficient :D

Profile photo of Jitto P.Jose
    Jitto P.Jose

Recently I talked to may forum owners.. most of them prefer MyBB… And thy have some cool theme too..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.