Which operating system are you using?

Groups Forums Featured Forums Internet & Technology Which operating system are you using?

This topic contains 13 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jupiter Jupiter 2 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jitto P.Jose
    Jitto P.Jose

As you all know, every PC will have some sort of operating system installed. Most of the PCs are windows based. You might have seen computers running Windows Xp, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8. If you have been using computers long back, you must have seen Windows 98 and Windows 2000

Other than windows family of OS, there are other choices for an operating system. Linux and Mac are the main alternatives

In it Mac OSX run exclusively on Apple computer. But Linux can run on almost all types of computers..

My favourite OS is Ubuntu, which is a Linux based OS. I used Windows OS before, but now my daily OS is Ubuntu.

Which is your favourite operating system? What are the reasons for selecting it?

• This topic was modified 2 years, 8 months ago by Profile photo of Jitto P.Jose Jitto P.Jose.
    Profile photo of Jason
    Jason
    Participant

My favorite would be Windows 7 and i love it. Used few linux variants but it didn’t suit well for me. So switched to Windows.

Jitto P.Jose

I strongly recommend to try Ubuntu. Its really easy to use.

Profile photo of John
    John
    Participant

I never tried Linux. None of my friends also using it. Its not popular in my area..

Profile photo of Claraviolet
    Claraviolet
    Participant

Windows 7 :)
    I know it is outdated now ._.
    But I am okay with it as it serves well :)

Jitto P.Jose

you feel Win7 is outdated..??!! in fact Win7 is the best operating system M$ ever created.. Win8 is just a crap..

Moreover I have seen many people who are still feel comfortable with good old Xp…

Profile photo of David17k7
    David17k7
    Participant

I have 1 laptop that i swap between HDDs so that i can run my Windows 8.1 when i need it or my Ubuntu 14.0.4

Jitto P.Jose

My Main OS is Ubuntu 14.04.. but for connecting to office network and use of Microsoft office communicator, I need a windows pc.. So I installed an Win Xp in a virtual machine (VirtualBox).. So I boot to Xp only when I have to connect to office work.. all other time, my favorite Ubuntu.. :)

Profile photo of Marcus
    Marcus
    Participant

I’m on windows 7. I am thinking about upgrading to 8 but it seems complicated!

Jitto P.Jose

I tried Windows 8.. but couldn’t get along with it.. I dont like the kind of paradigm they trying to introduce.. Its still very complecated for a user who use mouse for navigation.. It may be works better in touch screens..

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.